Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Weekend

Hey blog readers!


My weekend, which is actually friday and saturday, was so relaxing. On Friday I did something huge! I turned off my cell phone, computer, and TV (except for the Astros game). I went the whole day without them! I kept wanting to turn my phone on to see if anyone called, but I stayed true and returned my phone calls on Saturday. Next time I'm going to try to do what Andrea Peterson called a Screen Free Day. Meaning I couldn't use anything that has a screen. That would mean no cell phone, no TV, no computer, no IPOD, no DS, and no movies. I was thinking about making it a Youth Challenge; a fasting from Technology experiment. What do you think?


I finished a book I was reading (I have a bad habit of reading like 4 at a time so I was really glad when I finished this one). I played with Tucker, who I hadn't seen all week because I housesat for the Bennetts last week.


I watched the Astros, of course! They won two in a row! This was the first time they have won two in a row since May 15th and 16th when they played the Giants (which is very exciting since I'm not a fan of Barry Bonds). The sad news, though, is that Lance Berkman did get thrown out of a game again, and Hunter Pence and Luke Scott both hurt their hip flexers. I actually didn't know that you could hurt your hip flexer, but apparently you can. It looks like they are both going to miss a game or two which is rough since they are such an important part of the team. sigh.


Anyway, church is about to start so I got to sign off. Have a super Sunday and see you at Chaos at 5pm!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats on the "No Screen" day! Baby steps.......

Laura's Mom said...

Can't wait until "no screen" day. I've taken a look at Proctor's blog, too, and left a note there about his video blog. For increased readership, I suggest more excellent photos of that cute Tucker.