Thursday, June 14, 2007

Astros Game pics and the Arm Wars

As promised here are the pictures of us and our signs for the Astros game!


I would also like to address my interns newest blog. It involves some hidden camera shots of me. The first one is a clip of me playing Wii baseball. I would like to add that I was AMAZING at Wii baseball. I played the Homerun Durby and hit like 8 HRs. The next clip is of me practicing my Spanish. I am spending at least an hour a day working on it. Yesterday's lesson was about jobs. The program was teaching us how to say what we do for a living. I would say, "Soy ministra de juventud. Me gusta me trabojo" (I am a youth minister. I like my job). At the point of the video the program was teaching us what to say if you are retired. Which would be, Soy jubilada for me because I am a girl so it would end in an a. In the video I actually end it in an "o" and then correct myself by saying, "no soy chico." I recommend using the Podcast Coffee Break Spanish. It is tought by people from Scotland. I'm kind of worried when I speak Spanish I'm going to have a Scottish accent because I'm learning from people from Escotia (that's how you say Scotland). Here's their web-site: http://www.coffeebreakspanish.com/.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola Laura. It's Mark from Coffee Break Spanish. Just to let you know that you're not going to be learning Spanish with a Scottish accent - if anything you'll have a Spanish accent, ie. a European Spanish accent as opposed to a Mexican / Colombian / Venezuelan accent.

I wish you well with your Spanish studies. Muchas gracias, y hasta pronto.

Andrea said...

Hola! Here is my nameo in espanol:
AndRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRea.
Adios!